You are here: Home / Forum / Looking for Gamers or Groups / Tolkien-based Campaign, forming new group, need players. Spokane Area. (Every other Friday 7-10 pm)

Tolkien-based Campaign, forming new group, need players. Spokane Area. (Every other Friday 7-10 pm)

by admin last modified Jun 01, 2015 11:02 PM
Up to Looking for Gamers or Groups

Tolkien-based Campaign, forming new group, need players. Spokane Area. (Every other Friday 7-10 pm)

Posted by admin at June 01. 2015

Tolkien-based Campaign, forming new group, need players. Spokane Area.

Posted by Hawke at January 27. 2013

Anyone interested in playing in a Tolkien-based setting (Middle-earth)? I would like to get a new group together dedicated to playing in a Tolkien Setting. Previously I have used ICE's MERP and Rolemaster, and a little bit with Decipher's LotR (didn't care for), I have also adapted D&D 3.5 to Middle-earth and have used my own system Ea RPG (http://earpg.com).

I am happy to use D&D or any other system as long as it is a Tolkien-based setting.

I have multiple copies of the new official system by Cubicle 7 / Sophisticated Games, dedicated to Middle-earth, called TOR - The One Ring - RPG. It is actually quite a nice system based on the experiences I have had when I have GM'd it at conventions, now I would like to get a regular group together to play it. Who would be interested?

I have been playing since 1979, and GMing since 1983, especially experienced with Tolkien-based settings.

My style, and the game system itself, very much encourages ROLE-playing over ROLL-playing or hack and slash.

I have a somewhat flexible schedule, but it depends on the timing. Saturday nights after 5:00 pm are not available, but otherwise most of the week I can be fairly flexible, depending on the details of course.

I have offices where we could meet near Monroe and Maxwell. (I reside up north near Whitworth). Or we could meet initially at some place like Merlyn's, and then once everyone gets to know each other, migrate to the office, or my home.

Who would be interested?

Which system would you prefer? (MERP/RM, Decipher, Ea D&D d20 3.5, Ea RPG, TOR)

Which days and times would work best for you (weekly)?
I'll make an initial suggestion, would either Sundays from 11:00 am to 2:00/3:00 pm work?
Or how about Tuesdays from 5:00 pm to 8:00/9:00 pm?
Other?

I look forward to your postings.
Namarie!
-Hawke