You are here: Home / Forum / Worlds of Beru Spokane Group 6 / Multi-Classing Options

Multi-Classing Options

by admin last modified Jun 01, 2015 11:03 PM
Up to Worlds of Beru Spokane Group 6

Multi-Classing Options

Posted by admin at June 01. 2015

Posted by Thurminat November 22. 2014

So, for my Northron Cleric of Thor character. Since I've been working on my concept, I've thought of the routes I would go to further progress that concept. I realize that the typical 'I want X because that would be cool' probably doesn't work in your games. I further recognize that a character/player needs a full, working concept/attitude to be able to go into another class.

Now, I was thinking strongly about Bard, to further increase my abilities to help my allies. However, with the changes to how healing functions in the game, and with the loss of Short Rest healing I would lose too much functionality from that choice.

My other thoughts were to go Ranger for a single level, picking up Elves and Humans as my favored enemies and tundra? as my favored terrain due to where I was born/raised. Add in 2 levels of Fighter to further increase my martial aptitude to help round out my Viking-ness.

I have the stats that the game mechanics call for to Multiclass. I realize there is time before the option for class change happens, but I'd like to know my options as I am a person that likes to map my progress.

Re: Multi-Classing Options

Posted by Thurminat November 27. 2014

Follow Up:

I'm all over the board, at one point I liked the idea of Bard 2/Ranger 1/Cleric 17. Then I was all about Fighter 3/Cleric 17. Again Wizard 3/Cleric 17. Now? I haven't the foggiest. I just know that I like the idea of planning it out and until I get a final answer to all my pesky annoying questions and inquiries I'll probably continue to map out my advancement.

Probably end up playing straight Cleric in the long run, due to how the game progression functions (class based advancement, not level based) but I don't know.

I've a thirst for the game and this time off for holidays is driving me stir-crazy.

Re: Multi-Classing Options

Posted by Hawkeat January 19. 2015

Sorry to drive you stir crazy. Things will start back up in February. Thank you so much for your patience.

Remember to be careful about focusing too much on mechanics, and go with what makes the most sense from a story approach, especially related to your character's background, motivations, etc. Rather than focusing on trying to get the most out fo the mechanics. It will be more rewarding if you base your choices on what fits your character's story  in the long run than a few extra points advantage for maximizing game rules. :)